Roses are one of most beautiful flowers in the world. The rose is a plant that usually has sharp prickles.
The flower has five petals and every species has a different color and essence of the flowers. Roses are used in medicine for making drugs. These beautiful plants have numerous characteristics, but here are the ten most amazing facts about them.
1. The oldest fossil of a rose has been discovered in Colorado and it is 35 million years old.
2. You can find this plant in every country in the world. The rose is one of most spread plants in the world. It has successfully adapted to every clime on Earth and because of that it is a truly universal flower.
3. The Netherlands is the biggest producer of roses in the world.
4. In fact, black roses don’t exist and usually they are dark red roses which people sometimes perceive as black.
5. 54 percent of Ecuador’s land is filled with roses.
6. In the world there are 15,000 species of roses and every species has different flower, color and essence.
7. Cherries, apples, peaches, pears and almonds are related to roses.
8. The most expensive roses in world cost 24 £ and they are multicolored roses (rainbow roses).
9. The rose is a sign of love, peace, desire and passion.
10. Roses have medical properties and they are used for preventing the cancer growth.
Roses are plants which have many interesting characteristics. They exist for at least 35 million years and they will probably exist much longer. 80 percent of people pick roses as their favorite flowers.